Here is an article that brings in some interesting comments. I quote the 6 points of Mr Abdulfattah Yaghi:
...'I propose six-point model to improve Europe-Arabs serious and lasting cooperation:
(1) Historical reconciliation. Europe must officially admit that colonization of Arab nations was wrong, immoral, and illegal.
(2) Europe should compensate all Arab nations it colonized through a special international court. (3) Europe should correct its mistakes and solve the cornerstone issue in the Arab World that is the Israeli occupation of Palestine. Europe should fully recognize the State of Palestine on all the lands occupied by Israel in June 1967, (b) recognize that East Jerusalem is the capital city of the State of Palestine.
(4) Turkey is the strategic ally to Arabs. Arabs look at Europe-Turkey relations as precedence. Denying Turkey from entering EU and insisting on keeping EU a Christian club does not help Europe sustain fruitful relations with the Arab World.
(5) A paradigm shift is needed in Europe to focus on cooperation rather than containment.
(6) Decent treatment of Arab immigrants in Europe is needed to curb Christian fascism and national racism. '...
But I completely agree on the issue of Israel/Palestine and the point about the treatment of Arab/Muslem minorities. The incoming elections in Belgium and Holland will be important in this sphere.